Module 2: Basic Coffee Making (Espresso)
Next class: 19th April 2020 Sunday, 9.30AM - 11.30AM
Upon checking out, please select Store Pick Up as your shipping option as there's no physical product to be shipped out for this workshop.
In this module, you will learn how to operate the espresso machine and coffee grinder to craft yourself an espresso beverage (eg. latte, cappuccino, long black)!
In the first part of the module, you will learn briefly the technical aspects of an espresso machine and how it works, as well as factors affecting a good cup of coffee. Then, we will move into the practical component, where you will get to use the equipment to make coffee, as well as milk frothing.
- Identify the different types of espresso beverages
- Components of coffee equipment needed to make an espresso
- Factors affecting coffee extraction
- Factors affecting milk froth
- Hands-on coffee making
- Brief demonstration of basic techniques for free pour latte art
- The how-to for the maintenance of the coffee making equipment
Duration: 120 Minutes
Recommended for: Anyone who is keen to learn, coffee enthusiasts, home brewers, beginners
Minimum participation rate: To ensure the viability of conducting this module, we require a minimum sign-up of 2 partipants and a maximum of 4 participants. In the case that we do not meet the minimum sign-ups, you will be notified and we will reschedule your session to our next available date.