Espresso Making Fundamentals
Enjoy a 20% discount if you bring a friend/family member along or if you sign up for 2 or more workshops! Discount will be automatically applied once you purchase 2 or more spots. Upon checking out, please select Standard Local Shipping as your shipping option for us to have your contact information.
In this module, you will learn how to operate the espresso machine and coffee grinder to craft yourself an espresso beverage (eg. latte, cappuccino, long black)!
In the first part of the module, you will learn briefly the technical aspects of an espresso machine and how it works, as well as factors affecting a good cup of coffee. Then, we will move into the practical component, where you will get to use the equipment to make coffee, as well as milk frothing.
- Basic theory of coffee extraction
- Understanding factors that affect your espresso (e.g. grind size, water temperature, ratio, etc)
- Sensory tasting of different extraction level (Under, ideal and over extraction)
- Learning milk frothing technique
- Learning basic latte art - heart or/and tulip
- Basic machine maintenance - for the longevity of your espresso machine
We will be holding the workshop at different locations, depending on the schedules.
- Weekends - Tiong Hoe Specialty Coffee at Super Simple
- 1 Fusionopolis Pl, #01-28/29 Galaxis, Singapore 138522
- Weekdays - Tiong Hoe Specialty Coffee (Stirling)
- 170 Stirling Road, #01-1133, Singapore 140170
- Duration: 120 Minutes
- Pre-requisites: None, whether you're new to coffee, or have been brewing for some time
- Recommended for:
- You who are looking to kickstart your brewing journey but do not know how
- You who have been brewing for a while now, but have been facing difficulties to improve/troubleshoot your brews
- Minimum participation rate: To ensure the viability of conducting this module, we require a minimum sign-up of 2 partipants and a maximum of 4 participants.
In the case that we do not meet the minimum sign-ups, you will be notified and we will reschedule your session to our next available date.